Chody probably shouldn’t have talked so much
Sheriff Chody said in an email:
“I visited with Deaton and expressed my concern for the elf on the shelf posts and I asked that he take the posts down,”
“Deaton immediately took down the posts and has not made another post like it since.”
- Deaton’s posts are a crime of public indecency under Section 43.22 ( Class A misdemeanor ) and 43.23 ( State Jail Felony )
- Deaton’s posts were a form of sexual harrassment under Sec 39.03(a)(3) ( Class A misdemeanor )
- Deaton’s posts may violate TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242
- When Chody prevented an investigation into the above, he broke law under Sec. 39.02. ABUSE OF OFFICIAL CAPACITY ( Class A misdemeanor )
- When Deaton deleted posts he broke law under Sec. 37.09. TAMPERING WITH OR FABRICATING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE. (d)(1) ( Felony of the third degree )
- When Chody told Deaton to delete, Chody became conspirator and also broke law under CHAPTER 7. CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONDUCT OF ANOTHER SUBCHAPTER A. COMPLICITY ( Everything Deaton did, Chody did too ).
- When Chody / Deaton did not report themselves to other law enforcement they broke law under Sec. 38.171. FAILURE TO REPORT FELONY. (a) ( Class A misdemeanor )
- When Chody / Deaton conferred & posts were deleted they broke law : CHAPTER 15. PREPARATORY OFFENSES — Sec. 15.02. CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY. (a)(1) & (2) ( Felony of the second degree )
Williamson County District Attorney’s Office
The felonies put this squarely under the purview of District Attorney Dick.Federal law was possibly violated – bringing in a US District Attorney.
Crimes to be investigated
CHAPTER 43. PUBLIC INDECENCY
Sec. 43.22. OBSCENE DISPLAY OR DISTRIBUTION. (a)
Sec. 43.23. OBSCENITY. (a)(c)(1) & (2)
Proves Deaton’s posts provoke images necessary to violate the law:https://patch.com/texas/round-rock/round-rock-rape-victim-re-traumatized-cops-social-media-page
———————————————————————————————————CHAPTER 39. ABUSE OF OFFICE
Sec. 39.03. OFFICIAL OPPRESSION.
(a) A public servant acting under color of his office or employment commits an offense if he:
(3) intentionally subjects another to sexual harassment.
Also proves sexual harassment.
TITLE 18, U.S.C., SECTION 242It is possible that Deaton and Chody’s actions violate this federal law meaning Chody and Deaton both knew that an investigation was a necessity.
CHAPTER 37. PERJURY AND OTHER FALSIFICATION
Sec. 37.09. TAMPERING WITH OR FABRICATING PHYSICAL EVIDENCE.Chody said via email : “Deaton immediately took down the posts and has not made another post like it since.”By removing the posts, Deaton tampered with evidence regarding an investigation that Chody should have brought as the chief law enforcement officer in the county. ( 37.09(a)(1) ). As long time law enforcement officers, Chody and Deaton both should have known that an investigation was likely. ( 37.09(d)(1) ).
TITLE 8. OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
CHAPTER 39. ABUSE OF OFFICE
Sec. 39.02. ABUSE OF OFFICIAL CAPACITY. (a)When Chody decided not to launch an investigation into Deaton’s images, he made a decision which directly affected himself and his own well being. Therefore, he made use of his government position to benefit himself.———————————————————————————————————
CHAPTER 7. CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR CONDUCT OF ANOTHER
SUBCHAPTER A. COMPLICITY”I visited with Deaton and expressed my concern for the elf on the shelf posts and I asked that he take the posts down,”
While Chody said he was disappointed, he personally “liked” a post depicting the mutilation of a black NFL player. In an earlier email to Patch on Aug. 6, Chody explained that away: “I will say I do not condone the posts and the one ‘like’ from me was related to standing for the U.S flag, and only that,” he wrote. As a veteran, I am very passionate about the issue of standing for our U.S. flag and completely overlooked the obvious. That was a mistake on my part.”
CHAPTER 15. PREPARATORY OFFENSES
Sec. 15.02. CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY. (a)(1) & (2)Chody said via email : “I visited with Deaton and expressed my concern for the elf on the shelf posts and I asked that he take the posts down,” Chody instructed Deaton to destroy evidence linked to an investigation that Chody had illegally blocked and an investigation Chody knew should be coming.
CHAPTER 38. OBSTRUCTING GOVERNMENTAL OPERATION
Sec. 38.171. FAILURE TO REPORT FELONY. (a)